Thank you for your submissions!
Abstract submission is now closed.
Late Breaking Abstracts
Deadline: March 8, 2021 at 23:59 CET
Regular Abstract Submission
Deadline: February 1, 2021
Extended Deadline: February 9, 2021 at 23:59 CET
|Thursday, December 24, 2020||Tuesday, February 9, 2021||Week of March 15, 2021|
ESPID 2021 is pleased to announce its abstract submission system for the upcoming Virtual Meeting!
Participants interested in presenting their abstract at the Meeting are invited to submit their high-quality research via the abstract submission system. All abstracts will undergo peer review and may be accepted for presentation.
Please carefully read the guidelines below:
1. Type Preference
In the abstract submission system, you choose one of the forms below which best describes the nature of your abstract. The selection of type will affect the information you are asked to provide within your abstract.
- Type 1: Clinical audit, prospective survey or retrospective study – methodically collected information on an aspect of clinical care or management. Click here to view an example of this type of abstract.
- Type 2: Literature review or guideline review – non-systematic evaluation of important topics in clinical PID. Click here to view an example of this type of abstract.
- Type 3: Clinical trial/study or basic science study – prospective empirical data, trials, studies, and entirely novel observations (but not formal systematic review or meta-analysis – see below). If clinical trial, please provide a trial registration number in the abstract. Click here to view an example of this type of abstract.
- Type 4: Formal systematic review or meta-analysis – If formal systematic review please indicate formal systematic review registration number in the abstract. Click here to view an example of this type of abstract.
- Type 5: Case Report or Case Series – description of one or more cases in order to generate a useful learning experience for clinicians. Click here to view an example of this type of abstract.
2. Topic & Sub-topic Selection
Once you select your abstract type, you will choose from one of the below topics to submit your abstract to. The sub-topic menu will automatically appear once you have selected your topic. To view the ESPID 2021 abstract sub-topics, please click here.
Please take note of the following information when selecting your topic:
- Symposium Topics: Choose these topics and your abstract will be considered for an oral presentation in the corresponding Parallel Symposium.
- Meet the Expert Topics: Choose these topics and your case will be considered for an oral presentation in the corresponding Meet the Expert sessions.
- General Topics: Choose these topics and your abstract will be considered for an e-poster and an oral presentation in the corresponding Oral Presentation Session or E-Poster Discussion Session.
Abstracts not selected for a symposium presentation, will be considered alongside all others for oral or e-poster-presentation. If you do not wish to be considered for a symposium presentation, or your submission does not fit the sub-topics under these categories, select the type general, followed by a sub-topic instead.
By selecting the relevant type, topic and sub-topic for your abstract, you increase the likelihood of your preferred allocation and highest possible impact in the meeting.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- The Scientific Programme Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit multiple abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as the presenting author on up to 5 abstracts.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants. Registration must be made by Wednesday, 31st March 2021 deadline to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the Meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Meeting.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facilities) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the 39th Annual Meeting of ESPID.
- ESPID will publish all accepted abstracts online (open access) for a period of at least 5 years. As a condition of submission, ESPID requires you to agree to such publication and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as submitted to ESPID.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the congress website.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you submit your abstract, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details (should be the same details as the submitting author so that the presenting author receives the correspondence about the abstract):
- Full first and family name(s)
- Email address
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Selection of Type (abstract type) and preferred Topic & Sub-topic – select the abstract sub-topic as per the list of topics.
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 280 words including acknowledgments; (Please note that each sub-section of your abstract is limited to a specific number of words according to your type preference). We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Please note, word count is affected when tables are included.
- Tables and Images – You are able to add one table/figure per abstract. Tables and images can only be placed in certain sub-sections of your abstract, according to your stream preference. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG, GIF, or PNG format. Please note that images/tables may be resized to fit in the final material.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers, or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline, if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate tick box on the abstract form.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to ESPID and Kenes International Organizers of Congresses SA and its affiliates (together: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by each of the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants each of the Organizers the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in each Organizer’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract that does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Topic and Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honour this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Topic and Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Programme Committee.
Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstracts.
ESPID ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM INCLUDES:
- Walter Marget Workshop – case presentation submission.