Instructions for Invited Speakers and Oral Presenters
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INVITED SPEAKERS AND ORAL PRESENTERS
If you are an ESPID 2021 invited speaker or oral presenter, we are here to support your virtual participation, from pre-recorded presentations to live discussions.
PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION
Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
Ratio: Aspect ratio of your presentation should be 16:9
Layout: For live session presentations – Please keep the top right corner of your slides, free from title, text or images, as well as the bottom right corner (to avoid being hidden by your camera and other images). Template can be found here.
Read tips and recommendations for preparing your presentation.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure
In compliance with CME/CPD requirements all speakers and oral presenters have to complete a conflict of interest form. Please include the title slide with your name and title of your lecture at the start of your presentation, followed by the Conflict of Interest disclosure slide.
Please click here to download the disclosure slide template.
Publication Consent Form
You will receive login details to access and complete a Publication Consent Form – it is MANDATORY to complete this consent form if you would like to participate as a speaker/presenter/moderator in this meeting. Please complete this prior to your recording.
Please note that your presentation will be accessible from the virtual platform during and 3 months after the congress, to all participants of the Online Meeting.
Deadline to complete pre-recording session: Thursday, 29th April 2021
Presenters will receive an email with information and the link to book a recording slot following notifications.
Please read the step-by-step instructions on preparing the pre-recording you received.
- Read the Technical guidelines before starting
- Book Your Recording Session via the link you received in the instructions email and add it to your Calendar. Note you will need to book a recording slot for each presentation that you give.
- Finalise Your Presentation
- Attend the Recording Session
FULLY LIVE SESSION – LIVE PRESENTATIONS
In order to prepare for your LIVE session to ensure it will run smoothly, we ask you to join a technical briefing/rehearsal session closer to the meeting dates.
Should you be requested to prepare a pre-recorded presentation (to be used as back-up in the case of persistent technical issues), please refer to the pre-recorded presentation instructions.
Please read the instructions on preparing for the live session below.
- Finalise Your Presentation
- Join a Technical Briefing/Rehearsal Session– You will receive an email request in due course with options to join one of several live Q&A technical rehearsals OR dates to join a specific session rehearsal, depending on your session type. Please note that the rehearsal session can take up to 1 hour although are usually finished in less time. Note rehearsals take place approximately a week before the meeting.
- Join the Live Session. Read the detailed instructions on How to Join a Live/Live Q&A Session
Ahead of the rehearsal session please arrange to have:
- An external, microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your laptop/computer.
- A computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam will work).
- A quiet and uniform background. Avoid using artificial background features.
- Stable internet connection. We recommend using wired internet if possible. If you use WiFi please make sure that you sit near the WiFi router. 4G cellular internet should not be
Joining the Live/Live Q&A Session
- Speakers and Moderators will receive a link to enter the Live Session/Live Q&A Session from a few days before the planned session.
- Please be ready to enter the live link 30 minutes in advance of the official start of the Live Session/Live Q&A Session in order for your internet speed and other technical issues to be checked and resolved by a technician.
- There will be a technician in the virtual room with you to assist and to guide you if you have queries.
- Moderators – for the live section of the session, we kindly request that you ensure the Q&A ends on time. Please note that if the session runs overtime, unfortunately, we will need to stop the session.
- Participants will be able to ask questions to the speakers via chat whilst they view the lectures. These will be written questions only. The moderator’s role will be to decide which questions will be discussed at the end of all the speakers’ presentations.
During the session, participants will be able to submit their questions via the Q&A feature and there will be a live, moderated Q&A involving all session’s speakers.
Invitation for rehearsals for speakers and chairs will be sent closer to the meeting dates.
As the date of the session approaches, you will receive a unique link with a reminder of the instructions on how to participate.
Continue the conversation after the sessions in the networking lounge chatrooms.
If you have questions regarding your presentation please do not hesitate to contact us.