Earn up to 28 CME Credits at ESPID 2021!
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before 30 August 2021:
- Access the online system via any of the following
- Visit the following link
- Please note that web browsers Mozilla Firefox 2.X or higher, or Google Chrome are recommended
- Visit the CME/CPD Accreditation page on the event website
- Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
- Complete the anonymous online evaluation
- Complete the credit claim form and submit
- The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download; retain for your personal records
Kindly note that the ESPID 2021 online evaluation will be active on the last day of the meeting. You will then be able to access it and claim your CME/CPD certificate.
Accreditation Statement & Credit Designation
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
The 39th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net.
The 39th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases is designated for a maximum of, or up to, 28 European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at https://www.ama-assn.org/education/ama-pra-credit-system/agreement-european-union-medical-specialties-uems.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/cpd/providers/international-accreditation-agreements-e.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
- Discuss modern approaches to diagnosing tuberculosis and other lung infections.
- Indicate latest developments about the SARS-CoV-2 prevention of spread.
- Discuss the current research projects within ESPID and enhance opportunities for future collaboration between groups of young researchers.
- Define paediatric infectious diseases challenges in humanitarian settings.
- Identify the latest research approaches in neonatal sepsis
- Identify digital tools for paediatric infectious disease.
- Identify educational resources, networks and other for exchange of knowledge and learning about paediatric infections.
- Discuss new fronts for prevention and treatment of CMV.
- Describe prevention of adhesion and invasion of Staphylococcus aureus.
ESPID 2021 is a global meeting place for medical and non-medical health professionals and scientists with an interest in paediatric infectious diseases and vaccines, including students, trainees and career-level professionals working in health services, public health and international agencies. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
- View disclosure information Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure Form Faculty ESPID 2021.
Industry Support Disclosure
This event is supported, in part, by funding from industry. All support is managed in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support. Appropriate acknowledgement of all supporting organisations is made in the programme guide, on the event website, and with signage during the event.
- View a list of all industry supporters here.
- View detailed programmes for all Industry Sessions here.
Commitment to the Highest Standards in CME/CPD
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programmes. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organisation contributing to improving health outcomes by:
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of medical events.
PAST CME/CPD ACCREDITATION
In 2021 ESPID will once again strive to deliver high quality educational programme and apply for CME/CPD accreditation through the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).
Below you can see the ESPID accreditation history over the past few years:
- ESPID 2014: Up to 12 CME Credits
- ESPID 2015: Up to 18 CME Credits
- ESPID 2016: Up to 27 CME Credits
- ESPID 2017: Up to 27 CME Credits
- ESPID 2018: Up to 35 CME Credits
- ESPID 2019: Up to 33 CME Credits
- ESPID 2020 Virtual: Up to 31 CME Credits